Ensuring Visa transactions are secure is one of our highest priorities. That’s why we have invested millions of dollars in security and with every payment innovation we make, we ensure security remains the number one consideration.
Times are changing and so is our payments system. Consumers have never enjoyed more choice in the way they can make payments in-store, online, over the phone, both domestically and overseas.
At Visa we’ve been working hard to provide our cardholders with more convenient, efficient, simple and secure payment options.
With this firmly in mind, I’m pleased to launch Visa’s Southeast Asia Security Agenda which demonstrates how Visa is working in collaboration with banks and merchants to strengthen the payments system across Southeast Asia.
In order to strengthen the payments system, we have developed a strategy that is based on five key pillars:
- Adopt EMV chip for cards - Securing the cards
- Deploy EMV enabled acceptance devices (POS, ATMs) - Securing the acceptance environment
- Verified by Visa for cards supporting One-Time Passcodes - Securing the online environment
- Robust fraud detection capabilities - Providing real-time risk intelligence on transactions occurring at retail POS, online or ATMs
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) - Educating merchants and third party agents on data security and compliance to the standards
We will be working with the industry to reach alignment on these initiatives, to ensure that Southeast Asia’s payments system remains among the safest in the world.